FamilyPhonics > Word Families > -an Family > Intro|
Now we are going to look at a new word family. All these words end
- What are the two letters that make up this family name? ('a',
- It's another family with a short-a (that is, /ă/)
- Let's sound out this family name:
- Sound out each letter. (/ă/, /n/)
- Now blend them together to form the
family name. (/ăn/)
- Look at the letters and practice it again!
- You have just blended the name of the -an word family.
Each time you see the family name letters 'a, n', try to blend them
together to form /ăn/. We want to say /ăn/
every time, like you just did!
Now let's sound out a few words in this family.
Now practice blending the first letter with the family name.
Let's read another word!
Now we're ready to read some more words!