FamilyPhonics > Word Families > -it Family > Intro|
Now we are going to look at a new word family. All these words end
- What are the two letters that make up this family name? ('i',
- This family has a short-i (that is, /ĭ/)
- Let's sound out this family name:
- Sound out each letter. (/ĭ/, /t/)
- Now blend them together to form the
family name. (/ĭt/)
- Look at the letters and practice it again!
- You have just blended the name of the -it word family.
Each time you see the family name letters 'i, t', try to blend them
together to form /ĭt/. We want to say /ĭt/
every time, like you just did!
Now let's sound out a few words in this family.
Now practice blending the first letter with the family name.
Let's read another word!
Now we're ready to read all the words in the -it family!